All students applying for a HAIS scholarship must complete a scholarship test (for the Academic Scholarship) or a demonstration of talent (Art, Music and Athletic Scholarships), which is administered by the Vice Principal(s) or Specialist teachers.
Scholarship Testing Dates for entry in 2023-2024 will be in the third week of April and will be announced to applicants individually.
** Please be advised there will be no make-up tests or demonstrations for those unable to attend on the given day.
Academic Scholarship testing will include components of Vietnamese, English and Maths for students applying for a scholarship for the Bilingual Programme and English, Maths and Science for students applying for a scholarship under the International Programme.
Art scholarship applicants are to present and submitted the following:
- Evidence of academic achievement/ competition entry/ art activities outside of school
Résumé detailing art experience and study (eg classes/ workshops attended)
Portfolio of recent work minimum of 5 piece
A statement of artistic goals and interests (including how they might contribute artistically to HAIS in the coming year)
Music scholarship applicants are to present one or several performances showing their musical talents, including but not limited to performing following other requests from the judges.
- Evidence of academic achievement/ competition entry/ music activities outside of school
- Résumé detailing music experience and study (eg classes/ workshops attended)
- Performance of a range of pieces on one or more instruments (minimum 3)
- A statement of musical goals and interests (including how they might contribute musically to HAIS in the coming year)
- Be prepared to speak about musical-related terms and knowledge during the interview process
Athletic scholarship applicants are to demonstrate their athletic ability in a number of sports exercises, including but not limited to:
- Swimming: 40m breaststroke, 40m backstroke, 40m freestyle, 200m freestyle
- Football: drills and gam
- Basketball: drills and game
- Badminton: drills and game
- Athletics: 60m sprint and beep test
Students should bring the following items:
- Athletic wear: shoes, shorts, and a shirt
- Swimming gear: swim trunks, swim cap, goggles and a towel
- Water Bottle
Additional Athletic Equipment (OPTIONAL): badminton racket, soccer shoes, basketball shoes
Kindly note, an email will be sent to applicants a few days prior to testing. The email will contain information about start and finish times, what to bring and how to prepare.