Scholarships for 2022 - 2023
Hoi An International School offers scholarships to encourage, support and nurture talented students.
To be considered for and retain a scholarship, students must successfully:
- Complete the scholarship application process, including the testing/demonstration of talent and an interview;
- Display exemplary academic and behavioural excellence through academic studies, leadership, community involvement and extracurricular activities;
- Demonstrate initiative, drive and dedication in all school-related involvement; and
- Represent HAIS to the highest standard.
Please read all of the information below before completing the online application process.
The cost to participate in the scholarship application process is 3,000,000 VND (non-refundable). The deadline to apply is Friday, May 6th.
All applicants must complete a scholarship test and/or a demonstration of talent.
International Primary applicants will take Mathematics and English tests. Bilingual Primary applicants will take Mathematics, English and Vietnamese tests.
Secondary applicants will take Mathematics, English and Science tests.
Applicants will be tested on:
– Swimming: 40m breaststroke, 40m backstroke, 40m freestyle and 200m freestyle
– Football: drills and gameplay
– Basketball: drills and gameplay
– Badminton: drills and gameplay
– Athletics: 60m sprint and beep test
Applicants must demonstrate their talent(s) and/or follow specific requirements of the Selection Board on the testing date.
Scholarship Testing Dates for entry in 2022 will be announced soon.
** Please be advised that no make-up tests will be arranged for those unable to attend testing on the given day.
You are required to submit a portfolio of your child’s achievements. This could include copies of their latest school reports, sporting, music, art or community certificates or awards and/or other relevant documents. All portfolios should be forwarded to our Admissions Manager, Ms Huong Le, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any portfolio should reach the school by the application deadline.
Kindly note that an email will be sent to applicants a few days prior to testing. The email will contain information about start and finish times, what to bring and how to prepare.
Selected applicants will be invited to an interview with the Leadership Team, who will conduct final assessments based on academic excellence, leadership, community service, and artistic or athletic talents (as applicable).
Parents will be notified of their child(ren)’s results and any offer of scholarship by Tuesday, May 31st. The School’s decision is final and is not open for review.